TERMS & CONDITIONS - Miami Heat
February 8, 2021
February 8, 2021 BACARDI® Sweepstakes
No purchase is required to enter. Message and data rates may apply to any and all text messages you send or receive.
1. Eligibility: The February 8, 2021 BACARDI® Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to all residents of the United States who reside within 75 miles of the city limits of Miami
2. that are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of TEAM Enterprises (“Administrator”), Miami Heat Limited Partnership, Basketball Properties, Ltd., the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), or any other alcohol beverage company, their respective distributors, wholesalers, retailers (including bartenders/staff), or licensees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry Period: All entries must be received between February 8, 2021 at 12:00 AM ET and May 31, 2021 at 12:00 AM ET. There is no limit of numbers of entries per person. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding.
4. How to Enter: Look for display in select south Florida retail locations. Go to https://www.bacardi.com/us/en/miamiheat/ and complete the quiz. Every submission counts for one entry. Multiple entries allowed.
5. Drawing and Notification: Administrator will randomly select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received for the Grand Prize. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will send a text or e-mail message to the potential winner with instructions on how to claim the prize.
Administrator will randomly select four (4) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received for the Runner Up prizes.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
Prize: The Grand Prize will consist of two (2) winners who will receive two (2) tickets to a Miami Heat game, access to the American Airlines BACARDI® Ocho Lounge, one (1) parking pass and two hundred dollars ($200) to be used toward the purchase of food and beverage, all to be used at a single Miami HEAT game played at the Arena. The specific Miami HEAT game will be selected by Sponsor, subject to availability. The approximate retail value of the prize is five hundred dollars ($500.00).
The Runner Up Prize will consist of four (4) winners who will receive one (1) BACARDI foam fingers, one (1) BACARDI Black t-shirts, one (1) BACARDI towels, one (1) Miami Heat hats, one (1) Miami Heat bags and fifty dollars ($50) store credit to the Miami Heat store. The approximate retail value of the prize is two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00).
7. Winner’s guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years old. Sponsor will not provide any transportation to or from the Arena and any unspecified travel-related expenses are the responsibility solely of the prize winner. If the winner is not available to travel/attend prize events on the date specified by Sponsor, such winner may forfeit the prize. Neither the prize nor any portion thereof have any cash value. A winner is responsible for paying any taxes, costs, and expenses not listed above. Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Miami Heat Limited Partnership, Basketball Properties, Ltd., the AmericanAirlines Arena, the NBA and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
12. Winner Identification: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “February 8th Miami Heat Winner,” c/o Molly Logan, 2701 LeJeune Road, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Requests must be received by June 30, 2021.
13. Sponsor and Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bacardi U.S.A., Inc., 2701 Le Jeune Road, Coral Gables, FL 33134, and is administered by TEAM Enterprises, 110 East Broward Boulevard, Suite 2450, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.