IT’S THE HOTTEST TIME OF THE YEAR: BACARDÍ RUM MONTH!
4 MIN READ
It’s that time of year we all look forward to the most, the month of July. Not only because it’s peak Summer party season, wardrobes are in full bloom and sneaking out of work early is standard practice, but because it’s officially Rum month! Thirty one glorious days dedicated to the sweet taste of the Caribbean.
Get the dates in the diary
Distilled and crafted to be one of the most versatile spirits on the planet, BACARDÍ rum is endless when it comes to cocktail creativity – that’s why we need a whole month to celebrate! To kick off Rum Month festivities we’re going to share key dates, delicious recipes and some fun facts to get you in the spirit.
National Pina Colada Day – 10th July
The BACARDÍ Pina Colada, the unofficial mascot of the vacay. A smooth, easy drinking combination of coconut, pineapple and BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum that’s so good, you can even enjoy it in when you’re caught in the rain – cue the music! Find our recipe here, dust of your loudest shirt and get the crew around, today is going to be a good day!
National Mojito Day – 11th July
Hot on the heels of national Pina Colada day is national Mojito day! We like to think the BACARDÍ Mojito is more famous than the Beatles, and there’s good reason for it. The timeless combination of lime, mint, BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum, crushed ice, topped with fizzing soda all together in perfect rhythm has been the refreshment of choice for dance floors across the world for years. Find the recipe here, it’s perfect for the Summer party season.
National Daiquiri Day – 19th July
Hello sophistication in a glass! Or as we know it; the BACARDÍ Daiquiri. This simple but perfect blend of BACARDÍ Carta Blanca rum, fresh lime juice and sugar served ice cold is bracingly refreshing. Find the recipe here and leave your tastebuds feeling like an A-Lister.
There’s a rum for everyone
BACARDÍ has a portfolio that’s the envy of the rum world. From white to dark, spiced to aged, flavoured to premium, whatever tastes your palate is tailored to, you’ll be sure to find a smooth and subtly balanced sun soaked rum to enjoy as the centre piece to your favourite cocktail. Discover our range of rums and find one that suits you.
The Summer Party Spirit
As we celebrate our favourite Summer party spirit this July, we think it’s always worth having some stats up your sleeve, just so you know your stuff when it comes to dropping those rum knowledge facts at your next BACARDÍ rum party.
– Rum is the oldest spirit in the world, with the first distillation taking place in the Caribbean in the 1600s.
– The BACARDÍ Distillery located in San Juan, Puerto Rico is actually the largest on the planet. It produces 100,000 litres every day. That’s a lot of mojitos!
– BACARDÍ rum production dates back to the 1800’s where our founder Don Facundo Bacardí Massó created a pioneering process that resulted in the high quality BACARDÍ rum we drink today.
– Rum is actually made with Molasses not sugar. Molasses is a dark treacle resulting from refining sugar cane. It is then distilled with spring water and yeast to make rum. Find out how we turn Molasses in Mojitos and really become the fountain of BACARDÍ rum knowledge.
– The BACARDÍ Mojito is one of the most famous drinks in the world, and legend has it that the original cocktail recipe is actually 500 years old!
– And finally, if you say ‘Sun’s out Rum’s out’ five times – the sun actually appears (ok we made that last one up!).
AN ENDLESS SUMMER
However you choose to spend Rum month with your friends, whether meeting up for BBQ cocktails, beach drinks or roof top catch ups, the versatility of BACARDÍ rum is perfect for endless experimentation and will definitely bring out the party spirit this Summer.